Welcome to Smash Wizards!

An all new Magical Brawl

Chat in our Discord
enter the community
play.smashwizards.net
join players

The Suspension of Smash Wizards Operations

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mateo, May 20, 2021.

1. Mateo

MateoMateo is a Verified Member Administrator
    ADMIN

Local Time:
    6:51 PM
    [​IMG]
    Hello.

You have seen from the title and image attached to this thread what this text will be about. I want to start off by splitting it up in separate parts.

► What has been happening over the past week?
    Over the past week you may have noticed a lot of changes within Smash Wizards. Last Friday, May 14th, a majority of the administrators decided to take a step back from the project to work on other Exodius Studios projects. Due to this, myself and @Sparky were put in charge of handling all day-to-day operations with the network. However, this also meant that we took on all of the other administrators roles. This caused, at least for me, a lot of immense stress.
    ► Why have you decided to suspend operations?
    Aside from the stress of having all administrative roles on my shoulders, another reason behind my decision to suspend the network is the marketing. Although we have attempted for countless amounts of time to make marketing work, it always ends up the same way. In most cases, people do not want to branch outside of their comfort zone, which makes it extremely hard for us to gain creators. (In some cases we've messaged 100 or more creators and only received a response from around 5. Contacting this many creators took a lot of time and proved to be very ineffective towards the end) Even though we could have maybe made something work, it is not worth it in my eyes and the eyes of the other administrators. Unless we see potential and demand in the server, we will likely not continue with Season 2.
    ► Will Smash Wizards ever return?
    Not unless we see enough potential in launching a second season. No one knows what the future will hold for us, however at the time of writing this post, we have decided to suspend all operations on the server. We do, however, eventually want to turn Smash Wizards into a standalone game. This is however a longer term project and stands loose from the development of the server.
    ► What else are you working on?
    If you didn't already know, we are a development studio. Smash Wizards has never been our only project. We have always had other studio projects alongside it. Now that our main focus has been shifted away from Smash Wizards, we plan to work on multiple other projects. One of which, Vindigo, is an all new planning tool. You can find out more about Vindigo and our other projects by joining our studio Discord: https://exodi.us/discord

If we do decide to return to this project, it will once again be an active studio project, but does not mean we will halt development on our other projects.
    ► What should I play for now?
    Myself and the other administrators would like to strongly recommend Origin Realms. The people there are very friendly and have been working very hard on creating something that we believe Minecraft needs. Their server is the highest quality that is out there right now and very hard to beat, so I definitely can definitely recommend checking them out. It is not run by us and we are not affiliated with them. It is just a good quality server that I can strongly recommend.
    ► Thank you!
    Finally, I want to thank everyone who has shown support for Smash Wizards over the months. We would not have even made it this far without every single one of you.

While I can't promise whether or when Smash Wizards will return, we hope you stick around with us and hope to see you around in the future!

sol, urnotbad, abbycj and 3 others like this.
  2. WinterBeyond

WinterBeyond Active Member
    INFERNAL

Local Time:
    12:51 AM
    pepesad

abbycj, Jordan and Mateo like this.
  3. _Myth1c4l_

_Myth1c4l_ Well-Known Member
    MAGE

Local Time:
    R.I.P smash wizards, Forever in the players lives and living on and one of the most unique servers I have ever seen. I hope to see the return of a standalone smash wizards game. Thanks to all of the people that worked hard on this project and I would love to see what else you could do. Thank you - Mythical

abbycj, Mateo and Jordan like this.
  4. abbycj

abbycj Newbie

Local Time:
    Aww I really liked this server :( I hope it can come back, or maybe be part of another server. It was probably the most unique server and I am extremely sad that it was disbanded

_Myth1c4l_ likes this.
  5. Techy

TechyTechy is a Verified Member Moderator
    MOD

Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    This is big sadge:(

_Myth1c4l_ likes this.
  6. Hazler

HazlerHazler is a Verified Member Content Creator
    MEDIA

Local Time: