Welcome to Smash Wizards!

An all new Magical Brawl

Chat in our Discord
enter the community
play.smashwizards.net
join players

Pending Spell Pack-A-Punch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by _Myth1c4l_, Apr 25, 2021.

1. _Myth1c4l_

_Myth1c4l_ Well-Known Member
    MAGE

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    What do you wish the thread to be titled once your suggestion has been completed?
    Spell Pack-A-Punch

Where does this suggestion take place?
    The Network

Please tell us about your suggestion.
    There is a machine that opens a GUI on right click where you choose a spell from your inventory and you can upgrade it. There is 5 stages of upgrades 1 - 5 orbs. 2- 6 orbs. 3 - 7 orbs. 4 - 8 orbs, 5 - 10 orbs. Each upgrade will make your spell stronger in either less mana use, less cooldown time, more power, etc... Each stage requires you to buy the one before it. Or if you don't want to use orbs you can do upgrade points. Every game you play you get a 10% chance of getting an upgrade point.

What is the mindset behind this suggestion?
    My mindset behind this idea is having a way to decrease stuff like mana use would be very cool.

Is there anything else that you would like to add?
    Nothing

2. _Myth1c4l_

_Myth1c4l_ Well-Known Member
    MAGE

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    I made a demo plugin. If anyone wants to see the idea dm me on discord (tag in my sig)

3. Halflove

Halflove Active Member
    MAGE

Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    I think this is a pretty cool idea, the only issue I see is that this would, over time, create a large power gap between new players and veteran players resulting in newer players not wanting to stick around because it's hard for them to stand a chance against the upgraded spells veterans wield. However, I've always been a fan of upgrades reducing mana usage. I feel like a better alternative to this idea is to increase a player's mana limit or regen time every time they progress another 10 levels. This way players will feel more rewarded for levelling up and see an actual impact it has on their performance while not giving them too much of an advantage over newer players.