Welcome to Smash Wizards!

An all new Magical Brawl

Chat in our Discord
enter the community
play.smashwizards.net
join players

Pending Grapple Buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Halflove, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Halflove

HalfloveHalflove is a Verified Member Developer
    ADMIN

Local Time:
    4:05 PM
    What do you wish the thread to be titled once your suggestion has been completed?
    Grapple Buff

Where does this suggestion take place?
    The Network

Please tell us about your suggestion.
    I think that most of us can agree that the Grapple spell isn't very popular with players who have unlocked other spells, and I feel like this is because it's not very useful in most situations. It's very rare that you can use grapple to save yourself from a deadly fall, but with a small buff to this spell it can be a good option for players to use without making it too powerful.

To cut the chase I think that the Grapple spell just have a bit faster of a travel time. Reason being is because most times you fall faster than the grapple spell travels, even when you don't have much knockback percentage, resulting in you almost never being able to use it to save yourself from a certain fall to your death. If the travel speed of the grapple is increased by a small ~10% I feel like it would be much more viable since it will still require skill to pull off a saving move with it, but it still won't save you from certain death in all situations.

What is the mindset behind this suggestion?
    Giving the Grapple spell more use in some playstyles.

Is there anything else that you would like to add?
    N/A

2. Techy

TechyTechy is a Verified Member Moderator
    MOD

Local Time:
    11:05 PM
    I like this change as it is giving grapple a buff and a nerf at the same time.